Tuesday, August 21, 2012

#RevolutionMusic - A Playlist for the People



 rev·o·lu·tion [rev-uh-loo-shuhn]
noun 1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough
replacement of an established government or political system
 by the people governed.
When I look at the above image (in case of revolution break glass) I feel like that is a metaphor, or even a challenge. Are you satisfied with the status quo? Are you willing to take action to ensure that your children have a healthy world to live in? I welcome and invite all of you to challenge yourselves and reach out.  Together we can create a peaceful revolution.



I tried something random the other day; I asked my social media friends to help me build a playlist called Revolution Music. It was triggered when I was listening to and inspired by the above video (One Love by David Guetta feat. Estelle) and felt compelled to create a PLAYLIST FOR THE PEOPLE with other inspiring, motivating songs on it. Of course I can't build a people's playlist without you guys, so please feel free to add your 2 cents and let me know via FB/Twitter/Blogger what other items you would add to something called Revolution Music? At the present time on my YouTube Channel, 'Revolution Music' has over 60 videos on it with more to be added as long as I am receiving suggestions.


  1. David Guetta – One Love (feat. Estelle)
  2. Lupe Fiasco – The Show Goes
  3. Flobots – Rise 
  4. Aerosmith – Come Together [Beatles Cover]
  5. Hopsin – Nocturnal Rainbows
  6. Playing For Change   – Stand By Me (Song Around the World)
  7. Blue King Brown - Stand Up
  8. Michael Franti and Spearhead - Yell Fire
  9. K'naan - Take A Minute
  10. Lauryn Hill - Everything is Everything
  11. John Legend & The Roots - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free
  12. John Legend & The Roots - Our Generation (The Hope of the World)
  13. Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love?
  14. The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
  15. John Cougar Mellencamp - Authority Song
  16. Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief
  17. Rage Against The Machine - Renegades Of Funk
  18. Rage Against The Machine - Wake up
  19. Ani Difranco - Coming Up
  20. The Raging Grannies - Halliburton & BP, You Suck! (BP Oil Spill Protest Anthem)
  21. Tracy Chapman - Talkin Bout A Revolution
  22. Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Patience
  23. Dead Prez - Hip Hop
  24. Blu - Rise up
  25. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up
  26. Gil Scott Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
  27. Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
  28. Bodeans - Closer To Free
  29. K'naan - Wavin' Flag
  30. Jet - Stand Up (Garage Sessions)
  31. The Beatles – Revolution
  32. the Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
  33. The Impressions - Keep on Pushing
  34. Nas - I Can 
  35. Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
  36. Stevie Wonder - Blowin' in the Wind [Bob Dylan Cover]
  37. Leon Russell - A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall
  38. Bob Dylan - Times They are a-Changin
  39. Asian Dub Foundation - Colour Line
  40. Thievery Corporation - The Richest Man In Babylon
  41. Rage Against the Machine - Calm like a Bomb
  42. Black Flag - Rise Above
  43. Minutemen - King Of The Hill
  44. Donny Hathaway - Little Ghetto Boy
  45. Immortal Technique - Point of No Return
  46. The Coup - Ride The Fence
  47. Tiken Jah Fakoly - Quitte le Pouvoir
  48. Rage Against The Machine - No Shelter
  49. Muse - Uprising
  50. Will.i.am - S.O.S (Mother Nature)
  51. Folk Song - One Tin Soldier
  52. Digging Roots – Spring To Come
  53. Floyd Red Crow Westerman - B.I.A
  54. Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up 
  55. Arcade Fire - Abraham's Daughter (Hunger Games Soundtrack)
  56. Keewatin Otchichak Drum Group– As long as the Rivers Flow
  57. Nina Simone - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free 
  58.  Lyrical Militant - Never Give Up (feat. Dele-O)
  59. Stan Rogers - The Mary Ellen Carter
  60. Dead Prez - Police State [Banned in Germany]
  61. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s - I Have a Dream
  62. Wab Kinew - Heroes


Peaceful Revolution

While many revolutions are accompanied by violence, I must ask this of my fellow revolutionaries that we refrain from violence in the physical, mental, verbal and spiritual way. It is going to be a challenge, as many of us, myself included, make mistakes and are sometimes even violent towards ourselves or loved ones. We must remember the mistakes made by ourselves, others in the past, and especially to put our egos aside so we can acknowledge the responsibility that is today upon us. With Respect. With Love. With Humility. And with fun!


MC

No comments:

Post a Comment

North End MC

My photo
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Representin the North End of Winnipeg since 1987. I will share my journey tryna set an example and live a proud Cree life. I'll include my challenges and feelings and progress in terms of AYO! Aboriginal Youth Opportunities. You(th) are the reason.

Tetris